So maybe it's more of a Saturday recap...because Saturday was just awesome. After cheering on our cats to a victory (go state!), we spent the rest of the day at Crown Center celebrating our only child. Raise your hand if you're tired of hearing me boohoo about Arden not being the baby anymore?! Sorry--I promise to lock that up soon...but in the meantime, we're having some fun making her feel really special and talking to her about all of the fun that's to come. I think she's starting to get excited about it too, because these are some of things she's been saying lately...
One random morning last week when I got her out of bed: "Mommy and Daddy go to the hospital...Gigi and Papa stay with you". Apparently she's ready to get us out of the house!!
"Baby brother's gonna be ZERO!" She's also been practicing happy birthday so she can sing it to him :)
"Baby brother's gonna have brown hair...no white...like Arden" The jury is still out on that one, girly! And it just cracks me up that she refers to her own hair as "white".
"I'm a be a big sister! Henry's gonna be a big brother!" He may be hundreds of miles away, but she still talks about her Texas boyfriend Henry every day :)
Here are some pics from our fun little family outing downtown...
1. Who could pass up a shot in front of the blue fountains? Go Royals!
2. "Der's a Pout Pout fish!" She referenced one of her favorite books a LOT at the aquarium.
3. The Sealife Aquarium, while a little pricey for adults, was pretty awesome. It was actually geared towards younger kids in a lot of ways...lots of little nooks and crannies that were just Arden's size.
4. Why are my parents making me pose with this creepy Lego girl?
5. Next stop: Fritz's! If you're not familiar with it, Fritz's is a diner where you order on a phone and then a little train comes around the tracks and drops your food down to you. As if my child needed anything to get her excited about fried food and shakes ;)
6. Our little conductor was in awe.
7. Just a "family of 3" selfie before heading home.
8. I dare you guys to take this shake away from me. Dare you...
9. After a bath, books, and bedtime, Chris and I spent the rest of the evening here--catching up on Scandal. Have I ever mentioned that I love fall?
Not a bad day, really ;)